Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The ST squads have recently received a lot of negativity from other regiments and after looking into some of the responses I've realised most of the people who are against ST squads have been misinformed of their purposes. This post is probably going to be a long one so I'll do a quick summary of my main points:

  • ST squads have roles that are clearly defined and are specifically made to not intrude on other regiments roles. There is no spec ops group and the recon group function entirely differently to SC.
  • ST squads have NO SPECIAL EQUIPMENT. They have the same loadout as a regular stormtrooper. 
  • STs are a regiment just like any other, we deserve to have members and we shouldn't be punished for working hard to succeed.

(At the bottom I'll show some of my responses to concerns people had about the squads)

ROLES EXPLAINED

4 squads each with one leader. 5 members in each squad including the leader (smallest number thay works best with formations).

Alpha (Red)- Regular assault team
Bravo (Blue)- Close quarter assault team
Charlie (Yellow)- Scouting
Delta (Green)- Guarding
Squads have no special weaponry, items, nothing.

Alpha are generally a mid range team, trained within their team to quickly and effectively form attack formations such as firing lines and loose wedges. They will be trained so that as they move up and advance without their formations falling apart and they can cycle positions when they need medical attention to keep a constant rate of fire on the enemy.

Bravo are a close range team, STs often get assigned to moving into buildings with small hallways where there's not a lot of room and things get chaotic and messy. Instead of sending the entirety of STs in and risk friendly fire we would send in Bravo team to avoid messy situations. Bravo will be trained to quickly and efficiently group up into formations such as advanced firing line and will specifically be trained to avoid friendly fire, so they have ability to not only hit their targets but also to avoid each other in small spaces and effectively communicate with each other to avoid killing team mates.

Charlie are scouts, but not quite in the same way storm commandos do recon. SC are their own regiment, I can't order them around and nor have I tried to. When STs are completing tasks in events we're rarely paired with SC anyway and sometimes we need some small scale scouting done, I can't order Storm Commandos to abandon their tasks given out by the Major Generals purely because I need some people to tell me if they can see anything when they stand on a hill. It's a waste of Storm Commandos time.
 If we're setting up a defensive perimeter during an event and I recognise a vantage point where we could get more information from having troopers on, or if we need an alternate entry point into a building, I need to know that I have troopers not only competent in climbswep
but are able to climbswep world props when required as well and can quickly and concisely report back to me on what they find . These guys won't have things like grappling hooks that SC does so of course SC will be able to continue their jobs in a far more effective way than STs ever could, so they don't need to feel threatened that Charlie will intervene with their duties as they will almost always be able to perform the job to a better and faster standard. Charlie squad also will not perform recon for the army as a whole unless ordered by a major general, they will solely report to me as to not impose on SC's job.

Delta are guards. Delta was not part of the original three squads made however was requested by regional government to be made to guard reg gov. These guys are trusted and known among higher ups. For the main part they guard reg gov but also will fill in for guarding regiments at their stations when they are requested to. Although we have a few guarding regiments on the ISD none of them cross over in each other's areas, DT does not ever guard IHC and Nova would not guard the bridge nor should they be expected to. Delta is there as a trusted group to guard these areas, prior to Delta being made I often had regiments requesting STs to fill in for their guard duty while they were on special assignments, had training etc. and it was difficult to know what STs I could rely on to stay on their post and not allow other STs in, which is why Delta is a fundamental squad for STs.

In events these guys all work under my command as a group, when Major Generals are assigning duties in events they should not give each squad a task they should give the whole regiment a task which myself and the squad leaders will determine how we can best utilise the squads to all accomplish the job together instead of seperating and taking jobs that could easily done by more specialised regiments.

 

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT

STs do not have any special equipment, there were thoughts about introducing but it's been decided collectively we don't need special equipment to perform the duties they have been set to do. It will make their jobs more difficult but it also sets us apart from regiments skill wise. If troopers enjoy their role in the squad and decide they want to have the ability to perform it better and pursue it then they would be more inclined to tryout for a regiment what they have been trained to do in their squad.

In summary members of a squad are loadout wise no different from any other ST.

 

A lot of people don't realise the work that has gone into STs to make it as is. At the time when I first created the proposal for ST squads nearly 2 months ago, STs was chaos. I had just become CO and whenever myself or Burner weren't on it was essentially masses of ST privates and lance corporals that were minging. People complained about the amount of minges and I was getting frequent headaches from dealing with all of them so I decided I needed to make STs more serious and for that we needed to retain players to improve the hierarchy. These squads have gone through 4 iterations before I finally decided to implement them. This wasn't something we decided on a whim it was a long term thing we have worked on.
Potential Squad Leaders were watched for a good amount of time before they were offered their positions and they have all worked hard; Bepsi has made every squads PAC, Bryan spent as much time as possible around his troopers training and developing special formations, Xeno and his squad are almost always found guarding somewhere and rarely have free time around the ship, Matteus has stepped up and helped with the organisation of STs. The squads have been performing exceptionally well, we're almost always found in the placings for events, minging has gone down and STs are having fun just enjoying the server and each other's company. A few members of STs have recently been arguing about squads with other regiments, I understand people don't appreciate it but please understand that it is frustrating for them to something they've all worked hard to build and enjoy to be potentially taken away from them.


On the theme of taking away other regiments players we've found that STs do not often check comms, when you put out a simple "We're holding tryouts at MH1" comms message it's not interesting to STs so they'll more than likely blank it out. If you want more members then work and brainstorm with your regiment how you can retain/gain more players. Tryouts and small comms messages are not enough, you need to do more than that. Most STs stay here because they enjoy that they feel valued and the SGTs+ within the reg do their best to keep troopers occupied with training or patrols all the time, the squads are different to other servers and people are sick of playing server clones, we're not IG and we shouldn't pretend we are. People need to do new things with their regiments if they want people to be interested. You need to be constantly working with and approaching people, take note of STs skills in events, give them praise when they deserve it and listen to your troopers, 90% of the best decisions I've made that have built STs to be what is it are from having frequent meetings with other people and regiment members to listen to their ideas. PM people and offer them a position in your tryout instead of just standing at MH1 doors waiting for people to show up. I'm more than willing to help other regiments plan trainings with them combined with STs to encourage members to move on to new regiments, but please. We have worked hard to be where we are and I don't understand why we should be punished for success.

I have a report in which Funk worked on for a while where people offered their opinions on the ST squads, huge shout out to Funk because it really helped me see what the problems people had with ST are. I've put my response under each quote to clear up any misconceptions people appeared to have. For all those people still not convinced by this post I suggest you read the report herehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/15IxEWWr4P6BpIRomsrqrnVdR27Nvq1aNMh4CDsn4CgQ/edit?usp=sharing

I really want to see everyone's opinions on the squads now that things are cleared up so please let me know how you guys feel, +1s and -1s are appreciated so we know what to work on.
If anyone wants more information just send me a PM on discord: Lex#1144

Edited by Lekilloo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BEFORE ANY LARGE SCALE CRITICISM, ID LIKE PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THE WORK THATS COMMITTED INTO MAKING ST INTO WHAT IT IS TODAY. ITS FUCKING DIFFICULT AND PEOPLE NEED TO REALISE THAT IT IS AN ORGANISATIONAL SOLUTION, NOT A REPLACEMENT OF REGIMENTS

What Leki has done is quite literally turn a massive group of disorganised, chaotic privates and turned them into a full functioning regiment that proves itself everyday with consistent placings in events.

Also COs of regiments, before making the case about “squads stealing away potential members” of your regiments, if the ST corps becomes more appealing to a trooper than your regiment, you may need to take a look at the way you advertise and conduct your tryouts. New STs are like babies, do not expect them to come to you on a plate, ready to perform in your regiment, be proactive and be prepared to actually do some work when trying to get new members from ST.

 

MASSIVE FUCKING +1 FOR THE SQUADS AND EVERYTHING LEKI HAS DONE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Major General, I'm going to come at this completely unbiased as the success of the STs neither directly benefits me nor hinders me.

 

The ST squads are often used by myself when commanding events as they are usually the best choice, to be honest with everyone, the SC and ST regiments are the only regiments I would consider to be proactive in events. 

This issue is present within multiple servers and isn't a 'Museum' issue, COs just need to take their heads out of their ass. Not every ST wants to join a random attack or guarding regiment because "Tryouts are on at MH1". 

COs, Make your regiment seem interesting, at the moment if I weren't in IHC I would probably stay in STs as well. 

Leki is an example of a proactive CO who constantly attempts to improve regiments, she (or her squad leaders) constantly ask myself about new additions, potential changes, ways to improve the enjoyment of the regiment and tasks they can complete.

It is up to the CO to make their regiment interesting, if STs are more appealing than your regiment, people wont join... simple as that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zystem_EXE said:

BEFORE ANY LARGE SCALE CRITICISM, ID LIKE PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THE WORK THATS COMMITTED INTO MAKING ST INTO WHAT IT IS TODAY. ITS FUCKING DIFFICULT AND PEOPLE NEED TO REALISE THAT IT IS AN ORGANISATIONAL SOLUTION, NOT A REPLACEMENT OF REGIMENTS

What Leki has done is quite literally turn a massive group of disorganised, chaotic privates and turned them into a full functioning regiment that proves itself everyday with consistent placings in events.

Also COs of regiments, before making the case about “squads stealing away potential members” of your regiments, if the ST corps becomes more appealing to a trooper than your regiment, you may need to take a look at the way you advertise and conduct your tryouts. New STs are like babies, do not expect them to come to you on a plate, ready to perform in your regiment, be proactive and be prepared to actually do some work when trying to get new members from ST.

 

MASSIVE FUCKING +1 FOR THE SQUADS AND EVERYTHING LEKI HAS DONE

 

 

I agree with skye CO's advertisment is shocking I get 1 ping on discord maybe every other day for a Tryout when I see about 4 tryouts happen everyday. Don't just type it into the tryouts section actually do @ everyone so people get a ping. And in comms don't do : come here and line up for **** tryouts do : "Pilot Tryouts at MH1 join the wings of the Imperial navy"(This is just an example I chose pilots because I have roughly 500 hours of being a pilot CO or 2ic).

 

And again the squads have only recruited St's not people in regiments. And if we are more appealing to the populus than a regiment which gets OP weapons OP health ect you need to start creating things to do around the ship so people see you do stuff instead of just hanging around mess hall or what ever.

 

Big +1 Charlie Squad HoooRAAAAA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I feel like I don't have to say much because what everyone has said above is how most ST's feel I was a wolf pack commander and my advertisement was.

join the pack today | Republic shotgun, Scout blaster, flashbang, TX-130 Tank| Blast you way through enemy lines and help support your brothers.

we get since my regiment was a amoured reg we got tx-130 tanks and rep shotguns and scout blasters maybe it could be the load out too that people don't see. I feel like this is more for other regiments but it's not were trying to say why Storm Troopers have been so successful and we want you guys to be successful.

Also +1 #CharlieSquadHoooRaaaa

Edited by BillNyeTheAussiePie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally i love seeing how the STs made squads and actually utilized them correctly. These squads add more to roleplay and the server in general and should in my opinion be more encouraged. +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad this was cleared up as it was bothering many people. This explains the current and probably final version of squads will hopefully go through especially with the FAQ in the IHC report by Funk cleared up by Leki.

 

 

 

 

@Lekilloo credit my development :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Larry said:

I agree with skye CO's advertisment is shocking I get 1 ping on discord maybe every other day for a Tryout when I see about 4 tryouts happen everyday. Don't just type it into the tryouts section actually do @ everyone so people get a ping. And in comms don't do : come here and line up for **** tryouts do : "Pilot Tryouts at MH1 join the wings of the Imperial navy"(This is just an example I chose pilots because I have roughly 500 hours of being a pilot CO or 2ic).

 

And again the squads have only recruited St's not people in regiments. And if we are more appealing to the populus than a regiment which gets OP weapons OP health ect you need to start creating things to do around the ship so people see you do stuff instead of just hanging around mess hall or what ever.

 

Big +1 Charlie Squad HoooRAAAAA

Just saying if you are a CO of an army or officer regiment DO NOT ping anyone no @ here and no @ everyone, those are reserved for RG and Sith 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orion said:

Just saying if you are a CO of an army or officer regiment DO NOT ping anyone no @ here and no @ everyone, those are reserved for RG and Sith 

@here is also for spec ops regiments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dwanofwar3 said:

@here is also for spec ops regiments

Forgot about that, Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Lekilloo said:

The ST squads have recently received a lot of negativity from other regiments and after looking into some of the responses I've realised most of the people who are against ST squads have been misinformed of their purposes. This post is probably going to be a long one so I'll do a quick summary of my main points:

  • ST squads have roles that are clearly defined and are specifically made to not intrude on other regiments roles. There is no spec ops group and the recon group function entirely differently to SC.
  • ST squads have NO SPECIAL EQUIPMENT. They have the same loadout as a regular stormtrooper. 
  • STs are a regiment just like any other, we deserve to have members and we shouldn't be punished for working hard to succeed.

(At the bottom I'll show some of my responses to concerns people had about the squads)

ROLES EXPLAINED

4 squads each with one leader. 5 members in each squad including the leader (smallest number thay works best with formations).

Alpha (Red)- Regular assault team
Bravo (Blue)- Close quarter assault team
Charlie (Yellow)- Scouting
Delta (Green)- Guarding
Squads have no special weaponry, items, nothing.

Alpha are generally a mid range team, trained within their team to quickly and effectively form attack formations such as firing lines and loose wedges. They will be trained so that as they move up and advance without their formations falling apart and they can cycle positions when they need medical attention to keep a constant rate of fire on the enemy.

Bravo are a close range team, STs often get assigned to moving into buildings with small hallways where there's not a lot of room and things get chaotic and messy. Instead of sending the entirety of STs in and risk friendly fire we would send in Bravo team to avoid messy situations. Bravo will be trained to quickly and efficiently group up into formations such as advanced firing line and will specifically be trained to avoid friendly fire, so they have ability to not only hit their targets but also to avoid each other in small spaces and effectively communicate with each other to avoid killing team mates.

Charlie are scouts, but not quite in the same way storm commandos do recon. SC are their own regiment, I can't order them around and nor have I tried to. When STs are completing tasks in events we're rarely paired with SC anyway and sometimes we need some small scale scouting done, I can't order Storm Commandos to abandon their tasks given out by the Major Generals purely because I need some people to tell me if they can see anything when they stand on a hill. It's a waste of Storm Commandos time.
 If we're setting up a defensive perimeter during an event and I recognise a vantage point where we could get more information from having troopers on, or if we need an alternate entry point into a building, I need to know that I have troopers not only competent in climbswep
but are able to climbswep world props when required as well and can quickly and concisely report back to me on what they find . These guys won't have things like grappling hooks that SC does so of course SC will be able to continue their jobs in a far more effective way than STs ever could, so they don't need to feel threatened that Charlie will intervene with their duties as they will almost always be able to perform the job to a better and faster standard. Charlie squad also will not perform recon for the army as a whole unless ordered by a major general, they will solely report to me as to not impose on SC's job.

Delta are guards. Delta was not part of the original three squads made however was requested by regional government to be made to guard reg gov. These guys are trusted and known among higher ups. For the main part they guard reg gov but also will fill in for guarding regiments at their stations when they are requested to. Although we have a few guarding regiments on the ISD none of them cross over in each other's areas, DT does not ever guard IHC and Nova would not guard the bridge nor should they be expected to. Delta is there as a trusted group to guard these areas, prior to Delta being made I often had regiments requesting STs to fill in for their guard duty while they were on special assignments, had training etc. and it was difficult to know what STs I could rely on to stay on their post and not allow other STs in, which is why Delta is a fundamental squad for STs.

In events these guys all work under my command as a group, when Major Generals are assigning duties in events they should not give each squad a task they should give the whole regiment a task which myself and the squad leaders will determine how we can best utilise the squads to all accomplish the job together instead of seperating and taking jobs that could easily done by more specialised regiments.

 

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT

STs do not have any special equipment, there were thoughts about introducing but it's been decided collectively we don't need special equipment to perform the duties they have been set to do. It will make their jobs more difficult but it also sets us apart from regiments skill wise. If troopers enjoy their role in the squad and decide they want to have the ability to perform it better and pursue it then they would be more inclined to tryout for a regiment what they have been trained to do in their squad.

In summary members of a squad are loadout wise no different from any other ST.

 

A lot of people don't realise the work that has gone into STs to make it as is. At the time when I first created the proposal for ST squads nearly 2 months ago, STs was chaos. I had just become CO and whenever myself or Burner weren't on it was essentially masses of ST privates and lance corporals that were minging. People complained about the amount of minges and I was getting frequent headaches from dealing with all of them so I decided I needed to make STs more serious and for that we needed to retain players to improve the hierarchy. These squads have gone through 4 iterations before I finally decided to implement them. This wasn't something we decided on a whim it was a long term thing we have worked on.
Potential Squad Leaders were watched for a good amount of time before they were offered their positions and they have all worked hard; Bepsi has made every squads PAC, Bryan spent as much time as possible around his troopers training and developing special formations, Xeno and his squad are almost always found guarding somewhere and rarely have free time around the ship, Matteus has stepped up and helped with the organisation of STs. The squads have been performing exceptionally well, we're almost always found in the placings for events, minging has gone down and STs are having fun just enjoying the server and each other's company. A few members of STs have recently been arguing about squads with other regiments, I understand people don't appreciate it but please understand that it is frustrating for them to something they've all worked hard to build and enjoy to be potentially taken away from them.


On the theme of taking away other regiments players we've found that STs do not often check comms, when you put out a simple "We're holding tryouts at MH1" comms message it's not interesting to STs so they'll more than likely blank it out. If you want more members then work and brainstorm with your regiment how you can retain/gain more players. Tryouts and small comms messages are not enough, you need to do more than that. Most STs stay here because they enjoy that they feel valued and the SGTs+ within the reg do their best to keep troopers occupied with training or patrols all the time, the squads are different to other servers and people are sick of playing server clones, we're not IG and we shouldn't pretend we are. People need to do new things with their regiments if they want people to be interested. You need to be constantly working with and approaching people, take note of STs skills in events, give them praise when they deserve it and listen to your troopers, 90% of the best decisions I've made that have built STs to be what is it are from having frequent meetings with other people and regiment members to listen to their ideas. PM people and offer them a position in your tryout instead of just standing at MH1 doors waiting for people to show up. I'm more than willing to help other regiments plan trainings with them combined with STs to encourage members to move on to new regiments, but please. We have worked hard to be where we are and I don't understand why we should be punished for success.

I have a report in which Funk worked on for a while where people offered their opinions on the ST squads, huge shout out to Funk because it really helped me see what the problems people had with ST are. I've put my response under each quote to clear up any misconceptions people appeared to have. For all those people still not convinced by this post I suggest you read the report herehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/15IxEWWr4P6BpIRomsrqrnVdR27Nvq1aNMh4CDsn4CgQ/edit?usp=sharing

I really want to see everyone's opinions on the squads now that things are cleared up so please let me know how you guys feel, +1s and -1s are appreciated so we know what to work on.
If anyone wants more information just send me a PM on discord: Lex#1144

HUGE +1

Obviously, I'm a little bias when it comes to this but I believe Leki and the squad leaders shouldn't be punished for making ST an actually good regiment.

 

Edited by Funk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Funk said:

HUGE +1

Obviously, I'm a little bias when it comes to this but I believe Leki and the squad leaders shouldn't be punished for making ST an actually good regiment.

 

Might want to update ur signature Funk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 Where was all this in the fucking CO meeting lmao, Honestly biggest fuck around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 this is so useful, everyone and all IHC are using these squads and it's proving beneficial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My point about the possibility of squad's taking away incentive for ST's to branch out to regiments still stands, to an extent.

That said, I'm a lot more accepting of the idea. Leki's done an excellent job of turning ST's from the 'Starter regiment filled with minges' into a regiment that has, back-to-back, gotten first place in regimental placings over the past few events, and if the concept of squads giving ST's some variety in their roles helps that, then I'm for all this.

+1

Edited by Komrade Seals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Orion said:

Just saying if you are a CO of an army or officer regiment DO NOT ping anyone no @ here and no @ everyone, those are reserved for RG and Sith 

Then someone needs to think of other ways to advertise maybe scheduled recruitment times to post on the forums

Edited by Larry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm going to close this thread out by saying this.

STs have shown an overall massive improvement since the implementation of the squad system and an overall getting their shit together, something alot of regiments need to do.

When they first started people were obviously confused but were fine with it until it was brought up about bringing in special loadouts/classes which was obviously denied.

By no means at all is it a bad thing that the default regiment is building and organising themselves in fact it's something I've actually never seen done or done well on any SWRP server and speaks for itself. 

As has been said if regiments do want people to join them show these STs WHY they should also the squads have only proven to be an asset for quickly organising and ordering the otherwise large amount of STs during events

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×