RetroDawn

Imperial Commando Special Unit (IS)

Hey Lads and Leki,

I have spent around 3 hours researching, creating and developing an Idea around what most people know as Republic Commandos (Imperial Commandos). This is a Regiment I was apart of for a long time on a previous server, given the chance I would like to become CO of this regiment, how ever just the regiment added into the server would be great for everyone's enjoyment. I have decided to create my regiment discussion through a Lore document, with reasons to why it needs to be added legitimate lore reasons, with the benefits also having lore explanations. 

Please check it out here! Imperial Commando Special Unit (IS) 

Reasons for adding: 

- Let's be real there's not a lot of communication between regiments let alone Event organisers to Commanders. This regiment is a tactical unit where it won't just be run in, respawn and repeat. I believe (If I was to run it) it would be a requirement to be in discord for events to optimise communication and actually seeing some strategy in events.

- This regiment will be required to commit to the over all server by running training courses where all regiments are welcome.

- Unique regiment, well squad, lore friendly (not 100% due to characters from different squads combined).

- Add's a small squad that's not force powered how ever just as elite as force wielders.

Cons:

- Another Reg in a server where I see max 6 people online in 1 reg at one time (should focus less on adding reg's and focus on expanding the ones we have).

- Adding another Elite Reg it won't have a high turn over, again not interesting to new players.

Thanks for taking the time to read everything, please leave feed back below, keen on seeing this idea through and implementing it myself with the help of the community.

Regards,

RetroDawn.

+1 A lot of effort has been put into this suggestion and I think it could be a fun, unique regiment that doesn't step on peoples toes like a... certain other squad that was added since they'll also be there to assist all troopers.

10 minutes ago, Dusty said:

+1 A lot of effort has been put into this suggestion and I think it could be a fun, unique regiment that doesn't step on peoples toes like a... certain other squad that was added since they'll also be there to assist all troopers.

Same. +1.

+1 cool idea as I loved the republic commando game but we already have 3 SO regiments and adding a 4th one would be a bit too much.

I hope you’ve really

thought about this

All the regiments that died in the past died for one reason: they never had a purpose

inferno tried to steal the use from other regiments and it was punished

Purge had a purpose which was pretty much to stand still ALL DAY

You should never go “oh cool regiment” and rush add it. I appreciate the effort though

+1 from me chief 

46 minutes ago, Quoth said:

+1 cool idea as I loved the republic commando game but we already have 3 SO regiments and adding a 4th one would be a bit too much.

On the contrary, adding IC would be a good fit for SO as they don’t really have that, into the fray sort of regiment in there yet. SCAR, SC and Range are all longer distance regiments and aren’t the frontline assault that IC would give to SO. Giving this Republic Commando Weapons with a small cap of 4-6 would be good for SO and make the branch more diverse and usable in events. 

As has been states before, if we can’t fix and fill up other regiments first and make them active, especially attack regiments, adding new regiments becomes a hassle and a cause for arguments such as the Inferno Squad argument. We already have an elite style regiment such as SCAR which would be similar to IC which has decent activity. Instead of blindly adding new regiments to the server and letting them flop, like 80% of the added regiments, lets collectively try and improve the current ones instead of wanting to waste more space because it’s a ‘cool regiment’

Posted (edited)

I dunno how i feel about adding another regiment, I think the current regiments need to improve a lot more before adding new ones into the mix... 

-1 (For now) 

Edited by Kuzota

2 hours ago, Cinder said:

As has been states before, if we can’t fix and fill up other regiments first and make them active, especially attack regiments, adding new regiments becomes a hassle and a cause for arguments such as the Inferno Squad argument. We already have an elite style regiment such as SCAR which would be similar to IC which has decent activity. Instead of blindly adding new regiments to the server and letting them flop, like 80% of the added regiments, lets collectively try and improve the current ones instead of wanting to waste more space because it’s a ‘cool regiment’

My thoughts exactly when I tossed and turned about thinking of suggesting this reg. The only counter I have is I chose this reg because of it's actual strategic use. At the moment I believe all regiments are currently performing poorly when it comes to in game communication and actual purpose during events. "Let's make two attack teams, 212th, 975th and Naval Guard you are team 1. Medics, Vaders Fist and DT your team 2" Then all of a sudden both the teams combine into mush almost instantly and it turns into a NPC vs Player TDM. IC Squad has named characters with a Max slot of 5. I have run this team before, I know how to run it and I know how to make it useful. This Squad has an in character and out of character requirement to it which plays into a longer plan I have for the server, and events for that matter. At the moment we have 3 'SO' regiments yet none of them have come together how I would run this squad and actually try and improve not only their own fun, but over all RP that this squad can out put to other regiments. 

My Final comments regarding this matter is, I know we currently have other SO regiments. This is a unit / squad, and if I can make it work and make it a functioning group where in the long run it is better for events, I think maybe we see how it plays out and instead of removing this one, we remove the under performing SO instead. We can help the current SO regiments, how ever they must take the first step like I have done to try and boost their performance.

6 minutes ago, RetroDawn said:

My thoughts exactly when I tossed and turned about thinking of suggesting this reg. The only counter I have is I chose this reg because of it's actual strategic use. At the moment I believe all regiments are currently performing poorly when it comes to in game communication and actual purpose during events. "Let's make two attack teams, 212th, 975th and Naval Guard you are team 1. Medics, Vaders Fist and DT your team 2" Then all of a sudden both the teams combine into mush almost instantly and it turns into a NPC vs Player TDM. IC Squad has named characters with a Max slot of 5. I have run this team before, I know how to run it and I know how to make it useful. This Squad has an in character and out of character requirement to it which plays into a longer plan I have for the server, and events for that matter. At the moment we have 3 'SO' regiments yet none of them have come together how I would run this squad and actually try and improve not only their own fun, but over all RP that this squad can out put to other regiments. 

My Final comments regarding this matter is, I know we currently have other SO regiments. This is a unit / squad, and if I can make it work and make it a functioning group where in the long run it is better for events, I think maybe we see how it plays out and instead of removing this one, we remove the under performing SO instead. We can help the current SO regiments, how ever they must take the first step like I have done to try and boost their performance.

Dont get me wrong, I think it's a completely necessary and amazing suggestion for SWRP. It's the server that's the problem, not your suggestion. So dont get down when you see our -1's 🙂

1 minute ago, Kuzota said:

Dont get me wrong, I think it's a completely necessary and amazing suggestion for SWRP. It's the server that's the problem, not your suggestion. So dont get down when you see our -1's 🙂

All good bro, need as much criticism as possible if we have seen other regiments like this fail before in my opinion. I simply suggest if it is the server, why not take steps if current regiments are failing due to xyz, we can add one that has good intentions that it is going to work (how ever I heavily criticise my own work and I see the flawed argument of 'intentions to work'.)

3 minutes ago, RetroDawn said:

All good bro, need as much criticism as possible if we have seen other regiments like this fail before in my opinion. I simply suggest if it is the server, why not take steps if current regiments are failing due to xyz, we can add one that has good intentions that it is going to work (how ever I heavily criticise my own work and I see the flawed argument of 'intentions to work'.)

Yeah, I'm currently trying to bring ST's back as the ACO. I'm pulling as many of my trusted friends into it and we're getting there slowly hahaha. 

I've just returned from my LOA and have found that my love for SWRP has grown. And the care for the server is immensely great at the moment. Reading through, your idea is great. Brilliant idea to implement, however...

- Let's be real there's not a lot of communication between regiments let alone Event organisers to Commanders. This regiment is a tactical unit where it won't just be run in, respawn and repeat. I believe (If I was to run it) it would be a requirement to be in discord for events to optimise communication and actually seeing some strategy in events.

The green part highlighted suggests that Event masters aren't communicating with commanders. As an experienced event master, I'll let you know now, that most of the time (for my events anyway), we do communicate with the commanders. The only issue is, that when we need the entire force to move as one, utilising IHC or just doing it ourselves is just easier due to the number of required logistics which take place every event. For instance, when running the event, I have to do NPC spawns or set up characters for the event or move spawn points, or set-up the actual event, and communicating with commanders to direct their troops becomes difficult when I have more pivotal things to do for the event.

The red part highlighted, should be a standard for all regimental Commanding officers. They should already be utilising discord for efficient battle strategies. Sometimes it becomes difficult for them to implement strategies as the EM in charge has restricted movement due to an area of operation, or directed attack strategies so there isn't an elite force doing recon and taking out the enemies before the main force arrives.

- This regiment will be required to commit to the over all server by running training courses where all regiments are welcome.

- Add's a small squad that's not force powered how ever just as elite as force wielders.

The purple sentence implies that commanders can't do that already. Nothing is stopping commanders from setting up training in a hanger and inviting people to join it. Most players just want to play the game, some will definitely want to do training, but nothings stopping the current commanders.

The yellow suggests that this regiment being added is about elitism. If you want an elite regiment, you don't call it elite. You work your hardest to make it run at an elite standard. This means, establishing a strong RP reputation for every minute you're on the server. Or constantly interacting with troopers in RP (no more OOC chats unless discord kind of thing).

Last time a regiment was added as "an elite imperial force" of some form, that acts better or more elite than everyone else, to the point where they're basically controlling out of their jurisdiction which isn't fair. (Inferno Squad).

However, the time and effort you put into making this effort shouldn't go unappreciated. It is an enormous amount of effort to generate an idea and support it with actual logical evidence. So well done in that regard, I just personally don't feel it's the best addition to the server at the current time. If you wanted to run your own training sessions as a non-commander, nothing is stopping you. Just ask for some tools, setup an area and invite the server (just let staff know you're doing that before you start). I believe any trooper of any rank can become elite and have the ability to raise the standard of their own troops when they get people which are willing to put in the effort, and you clearly are. You should take your enthusiasm and build it into whatever position you are currently. 

I'm happy to change my mind if you can prove to me that you could make this happen with or without the regiment. Who knows? Maybe it would get implemented if you proved it first ~_(^.^*)_~

As an ex event master and ex CO I too appreciate the time you put into your response. Agree with every single point you made, even though I want this squad doesn't mean I have to avoid it's criticism's like you have pointed out with previous experience of inferno squad. I feel like what makes a reg work is 1) The thought behind the structure, 2) A Lore appeal to players, 3) In game implementation, 4) The people leading it. It's easy to tick the first two, how ever like you have said what drags it down is the last 2.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RetroDawn said:

when it comes to in game communication

Not advertising but the Radio addon I suggested would fix this issue and improve in-game communication immensely. More coordinated plans of attack could be strategised and it would be a faster way to communicate which would fix your problem of low in-game communication.

Edited by ScorchX

+1 Would be a great addition to TM could just be a sub reg of 501st like Riot is for SK 

+1 | Yes overall it is a good suggestion. As long as the regiment continue to serve with a purpose they will be a great addition, in both the short term and long term future

21 hours ago, ScorchX said:

Not advertising but the Radio addon I suggested would fix this issue and improve in-game communication immensely. More coordinated plans of attack could be strategised and it would be a faster way to communicate which would fix your problem of low in-game communication.

Whats the point of adding another mundane thing to the content pack if we already have Regimental discords which completely defeats the purpose of the Radio 

+1 i think this is a good idea considering the server gets a decent amount of players.

Although making another regiment may require management to remove dead regiments (Vaders Fist) which most people would agree upon but, if this regiment turns out to also die (which i’m pretty sure wont happen if Retro is the CO) then it will also need to be removed and the effort of making it was for nothing.

-1. I see a Clone regiment in an Imp era server, I shoot it down. They'd be 64 years old, biologically speaking. On top of that, there are plenty of CW servers for that sort of thing.