ScorchX

Something that could save the server.

Well, the server is shutting down but in my opinion it could be saved. An idea was thrown my way about saving the server and I think it could be really good and could honestly work. What I am talking about is a complete server reset. TM was great in the past and it was the top contender to takeover Imperial Gaming but it fell off and has dropped severely. I think setting everyone back to an ST Private and resetting everything except OOC ranks such as staff and Donator etc could be what the server needs to be revived. Think about it, TM was gold in the past but now it’s fallen off. The only way we can restore it is by resetting the sever to day 1, and starting over, with the same staff and management (the em team would be fixed as well over time) and everyone would have a fresh start. CO applications for CO’s would be made and all the jobs would be rechosen to fit the way the server would want to head.

This could be exactly what TM needs to be revived, instead of making a community then throwing it all away as soon as the server starts to go south. You can argue that it has been going south for a long time but nothing major has been done to fix it, so it’s time to do the major changes the server needs, repair it and restore it to its further prime. Our Management team is great, our staff team is just as good but our EM team is a topic for another time. If everyone were set back, with CO apps and new IHC, the server could survive and become the thriving server it once was.

Heading in a new direction with a different management team from before, we could reshape the server and lead it in the correct direction than before and make it the server it used to be.

This is probably the best way to save the server, and honestly, maybe the only way left. If people aren’t willing to put in the effort again to get their ranks, idfk what to tell you but this is the only way we can save the server that I can honestly see succeeding if done correctly. 

We need to man the fuck up and save this community. It’s a community I have worked hard in, and so have many others. So let’s save it.

~ Scorch

(I got the idea from Rav_boi btw)

Edited by ScorchX

Just now, ScorchX said:

Well, the server is shutting down but in my opinion it could be saved. An idea was thrown my way about saving the server and I think it could be really good and could honestly work. What I am talking about is a complete server reset. TM was great in the past and it was the top contender to takeover Imperial Gaming but it fell off and has dropped severely. I think setting everyone back to an ST Private and resetting everything except OOC ranks such as staff and Donator etc could be what the server needs to be revived. Think about it, TM was gold in the past but now it’s fallen off. The only way we can restore it is by resetting the sever to day 1, and starting over, with the same staff and management (the em team would be fixed as well over time) and everyone would have a fresh start. CO applications for CO’s would be made and all the jobs would be rechosen to fit the way the server would want to head.

This could be exactly what TM needs to be revived, instead of making a community then throwing it all away as soon as the server starts to go south. You can argue that it has been going south for a long time but nothing major has been done to fix it, so it’s time to do the major changes the server needs, repair it and restore it to its further prime. Our Management team is great, our staff team is just as good but our EM team is a topic for another time. If everyone were set back, with CO apps and new IHC, the server could survive and become the thriving server it once was.

Heading in a new direction with a different management team from before, we could reshape the server and lead it in the correct direction than before and make it the server it used to be.

This is probably the best way to save the server, and honestly, maybe the only way left. If people aren’t willing to put in the effort again to get their ranks, idfk what to tell you but this is the only way we can save the server that I can honestly see succeeding if done correctly. 

We need to man the fuck up and save this community. It’s a community I have worked hard in, and so have many others. So let’s save it.

~ Scorch

Copies Rav bois shit what the fuck man

Just now, XLR8 said:

Copies Rav bois shit what the fuck man

I mean, he threw the idea my way yeah but I did put my own spin on it. Honestly I forgot to credit him. Editing now.

One of the reason why the early TM was so good was people like funk and gaps who aren't here anymore it's too late to save the server its lost what it has all the older players are probably unmotivated to play on the server which are what I would consider is the heart of the server. 

Just now, Pope Beef said:

One of the reason why the early TM was so good was people like funk and gaps who aren't here anymore it's too late to save the server its lost what it has all the older players are probably unmotivated to play on the server which are what I would consider is the heart of the server. 

I agree tbh, they were great members of the community but we shouldn’t just throw everything away. We should at least attempt a sever revival.

3 minutes ago, Pope Beef said:

I completely agree.

As Quoth said, it's a bit late. People have committed to other places. A better solution is to join one of the many new upcoming servers similar to TM, the name already has a reputation and faith has gone elsewhere. TM already has had it's go and I know multiple community members have taken up new servers in management positions, which having all the old fellas join and assist in could work.

Even if we did this it would last a week or two and I'm afraid the reputation and the scraps left over alone would just let it back down.

Also where do we find new management from the 10 players running around RDMing ahaha?

3 minutes ago, ScorchX said:

We should at least attempt a sever revival.

The revival attempt was the week long development.

5 minutes ago, ScorchX said:

I agree tbh, they were great members of the community but we shouldn’t just throw everything away. We should at least attempt a sever revival.

It has already had an attempt to be revived and that did not go to plan we should leave it in its current place remembering the good times we all had before those memories are plagued with a dead server desperate to live by any means necessary with the same problems it had causing its downfall just making it an all around not good server and losing completely what made it special.

Edited by Pope Beef

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I completely agree.

As Quoth said, it's a bit late. People have committed to other places. A better solution is to join one of the many new upcoming servers similar to TM, the name already has a reputation and faith has gone elsewhere. TM already has had it's go and I know multiple community members have taken up new servers in management positions, which having all the old fellas join and assist in could work.

Even if we did this it would last a week or two and I'm afraid the reputation and the scraps left over alone would just let it back down.

Also where do we find new management from the 10 players running around RDMing ahaha?

No new management, same management as we have now. I mean, Gaps and Funk and Skye and Steel and Leki and essentially everyone great could join back and help the server. Faith may be lost but it can be restored, like the server.

1 minute ago, ScorchX said:

No new management, same management as we have now. I mean, Gaps and Funk and Skye and Steel and Leki and essentially everyone great could join back and help the server. Faith may be lost but it can be restored, like the server.

What reason do they have to join back? I believe they've all settled somewhere they enjoy. And, unfortunately, Bob doesn't have the time to help, Garrett and Dusty have had their fill and I'm taking my break and refresh.

1 minute ago, ScorchX said:

Scorch I don't believe you realise once somethings died its better to pack up and leave I'd love to have the childish hope the server could become as good as it once was but that will never happen. All you can hope for is another server that is similar to TM but done better.

My only comment; You were not given this idea directly by Rav - There was a large discussion on my personal (and private) discord which you were connected to where ultimately we were talking about the server and possible ways that it could have been saved. Please do not attempt to take the idea as your own and act special about it.

23 hours ago, Sudo said:

My only comment; You were not given this idea directly by Rav - There was a large discussion on my personal (and private) discord which you were connected to where ultimately we were talking about the server and possible ways that it could have been saved. Please do not attempt to take the idea as your own and act special about it.

I did say that Rav passed the idea to me. I got it directly from him, not from some random conversation in a random discord. I also said at the bottom that Rav gave me the idea. All credit goes to him.